Wednesday 23 May 2012

My Creative Space

The space is very much book-binding focused at the moment. I just finished these three slim 120-page journals which I will share in greater detail in my next post.



Before that, I must show you my new toy! This is my cute little hand-held screw punch and all its little punch bits. It's a copy of the Japanese drill punch. The original Japanese made one costs a lot more! This one was bought reasonably cheaply on Ebay and does the same job.



You hold it like so and push down on it. Very little effort is needed and certainly no hammering at all! (My neighbours will be thankful.)



And it punchs out a wee hole like this ...



The different bits give you holes of slightly different sizes.



I bought a teeny 1 mm bit to make sewing holes like this.



I was originally using my awl to make the holes. The awl pierces a small hole but after a while, the hole closes up a little. This makes it a bit difficult to sew nicely. This punch actually creates a neat small hole in the leather and the holes stay open, making it easier to get the needle and thread through.

Creative spaces have a lovely new home here. Have you visited it yet? I'm heading over there soon to see what creativity is brewing up in spaces around the globe.

Have a creative day, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'm really in aw(l)e of your journals! Love the green color. Also, your fingernails look great again!!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journals and your screw punch sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to have new toys to play with!! You've definitely been bitten by the book-binding bug ... that green leather looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great punch Ady!! and I love your nail polish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tool, gorgeous work Ady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ady, they're beautiful and what a fab tool! I love the addition of buttons to the spine.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.