Sunday 6 June 2010

New bike and a new bike basket.

Missy Moo had a bit of money left over from her birthday. Last week, I drove past a guy's house and he was having a garage sale. He had this cute little bike parked outside his garage. I thought about the bike all week and promised myself that I'd go look this weekend to see if he still had it. He did! It was in really good condition and was just the right size for Missy Moo with some growing room. We haggled a little and for £20 I got the bike and a pink floral helmet to go with it. Missy Moo loves her bike.



See that little basket on the front? I saw this tutorial on Noodlehead's blog and thought it was just the cutest thing and exactly what this pre-loved bike needed.





The main fabric is a thick cotton-linen Japanese print. I've had a small piece of this in my stash for ages just waiting for the right project to come along. The pink floral binding fabric and the green floral lining fabric are cotton bits from my off-cuts bags. I had enough left to make a matching strap for the carry-chair at the back of the bike.





I have to go make a second bike basket now as Dinoboy would like one for his bike too. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is just so cool = perfect for a 3 year-old - and no-one else will have anything like it. You wait .. other Mums will be lining up with their commissions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute! you did a great job. and I love the japanese fabric. love.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.