Tuesday 15 February 2011

More chain maille

Remember my in-progress project last week? The Byzantine chain with the 3 linking rings in 2 colours? I finished it and had rings left over to make a pair of Byzantine weave earrings. This was made using a bracelet kit from one of the UK suppliers of jump rings for chain maille enthusiasts.





I bought another bracelet kit from the same company but this time, it had both anodised aluminium rings and black rubber O rings. I'd not used the rubber O rings before so it was an interesting project - and a very quick one too as there was nothing complicated about this weave at all.



The rubber O rings are stretchy so I didn't bother with a clasp and just made it a continuous cuff. I love this. It'a got aluminium rings in 5 different colours. A fun bracelet.

My next project is a necklace in something called a Centipede weave. Here's a few links hanging off the end of my tweezers. See those small golden seed beads? They are a mere 4mm across and those little silver rings on the side are just 3.5 mm in diameter .... sooooo small! But very pretty though, right?



I hope you're having a great week wherever you are, friends.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're addicted!!

    I love the centipede weave - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.