Sunday 20 February 2011

The dinky zipaway jewellery pouch

I started this sewing project a while back and finally finished it tonight. Sorry it's taken so long.

Remember my zipaway tote bag? Well, I wanted to try to make something else using the same bag base template and the same zip-away concept. I thought it might be nice to make a jewellery pouch.



There's a little sausage-like thingey for rings in the middle, a zipped pocket on the one end and a flapped pocket on the other end.



This prototype turned out OK, I think. The zip around the outside and the bias binding was a little tricky to sew on given the extra bulk. This pouch now holds all my chain maille jewellery - bracelets in the flapped pocket and necklace and earrings in the zipped pocket.



Here it is all zipped up. What do you think? I'll have another go at making a second one sometime soon and try to document the process for a tutorial.



It's half-term here in Birmingham and I've taken a day off from work tomorrow to hang out with DinoBoy. We'll go watch a movie at the cinema (we quite fancy watching Gnomeo & Juliet - have you seen it?), have lunch somewhere nice as a treat and spend the afternoon at home doing a few chores around the house.

Wishing you a fabulous week ahead, friends.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this - especially the bit in the middle for the rings. That's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Ady!! I love the idea of the bit for the rings (just contemplating how best to pack my rings for transit - and no, I can't wear them all!!) and it's good to have the zip to ensure everything is secure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady, you are so talented! Another great idea beautifully executed. I'm on a mission to improve my sewing so I can make all your tutes! The glasses case went really well - I'll be posting about it later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cam, Fiona and Wendy.
    I like the ring sausage in the middle too.

    Wendy - I'll be checking your blog for your glasses case post! I want to see a photo! So glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This zipaway jewellery purse is too clever! I wish I had sewing skills like you.
    (I'm still learning :D)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.