Thursday 10 March 2011

My Creative Space

I'm learning a new weave as I wait for some new supplies to arrive so I can start on my commissioned chain maille pieces. This is the Full Persian Weave in 6.9mm internal diameter 16 gauge aluminium rings.



It makes a lovely rope effect chain. There are some great youtube tutorials around if you're interested to learn this weave too like this one, this one or this one.

Since I already have so many bracelets, I'm thinking of working this one up to a necklace. I think it'll look fab as a necklace.

For other creative spaces, visit the home of My Creative Space over at Kootoyoo's.

Have a creative day, friends.

3 comments:

  1. Your chainmailing is amazing! How long does it take to make a bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! It looks very slinky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cam! It depends on the weave. I'm just learning them and I would imagine as I get more proficient, the making process will be quicker. Right now it takes me the most part of two evenings to finish a bracelet.

    Thanks, That Ninch! It is pretty slinky! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.