Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sales and commissions! Woohoo!!

This week has been a great week so far. I sold my first chain maille bracelet to a colleague on Monday! It was one of these neoprene o-ring and multi-coloured aluminium rings bracelets.



That same morning, I got a commission from another colleague who wanted a choker in the double helm weave like the bracelet I showed you in my last post here.

Then a third colleague asked if I could make one of the neoprene o-ring and multi-coloured aluminium rings bracelets for her 8 year old niece. Woohoo - I was on a roll!!!

Over the weekend, I finished my half dragonback bracelet (the one I was working on in my last My Creative Space post last week) and wore it to work on Monday. I bumped into friend at lunchtime who said she was enjoying the photos of my chain maille work. I showed her my new bracelet and she immediately asked me to make her one!

On Tuesday, I sold this bracelet to yet another colleague. Actually, it was this colleague who suggested this particular colourway (thanks Margaret!) and it's worked out really well.



I got a fourth commission this morning for another half dragonback bracelet. Wow! I am going to be very busy in the evenings for the next two weeks at least working on these commissions. I couldn't be happier!

I hope your week's going great so far, friends.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Ady! Congratulations! They are all beautiful! You will HAVE to open an Etsy Shop for sure!! Time to quit your day job!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ... and I hope you're charging enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angela ... maybe not just time yet to quit the day job but I live in hope!

    Thanks Fiona. I hope so too. As long as I cover my costs plus a bit extra for time spent, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.