Saturday, 18 June 2011

The Pendrell top - First attempt

Not that long ago, I came across Tasia's (aka Sewaholic) blog and saw her Pendrell blouse pattern and her sewalong. Since then, I've seen loads of Pendrell tops all over blogosphere. So this is the Pendrell ...



I really like view B with the frills. So I decided to get the pattern and make one. Here's my first attempt at the Pendrell.



I have a habit of picking busy prints like this one. It's hard to see the frills and the princess seam detail in the photo with all that funky print action going on. You can see the shoulder frill a bit better in this next photo.



I traced the pattern out onto tracing paper and realised that the original pattern was pretty long. I lowered the neckline a little and hacked 3 inches off the pattern length. I think the shorter length works better for me. This is a nice polyester microfibre fabric. Wonderfully light and soft with great draping quality but the handle is a little more substantial than a crepe de chine.

I like the princess seams a lot and the pattern was pretty easy to follow. I intend to make another one soon.

Hope you're having a great weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment