The weather this weekend was not brilliant - although Saturday morning was by far the best as the sun was in the skies long enough for my laundry to line-dry. I had my washing out on the line by 8 am and when the clouds rolled in later on after lunch, everything was pretty much dry. Then it started to rain. It rained most of today (Sunday) too.
The kids managed to find things to amuse themselves with (which in Missy Moo's case, involved harassing and annoying Dinoboy a lot! Poor lad!) and I managed to get a few sewing projects done.
I made 3 quillows - here's one of them.
I love the duck-egg spotty blue fleece. I managed to get 3 of these in a local warehouse sale. Two have ended up as quillows and one will be cut into 12 kids scarves for the Operation Christmas Shoebox project later on this year. Here are the other two quillows I made this weekend.
I wanted to have a go at the Sorbetto tank top which is a freebie pattern from Colette Patterns. I wanted to make a muslin first just to make sure the pattern was OK and didn't need tweaking. I found a piece of Malaysian batik in my stash basket. It was not a very large piece of fabric but there was enough to make the muslin of the Sorbetto. It's a pure cotton fabric and I think about the same weight as quilting cotton.
This was a pretty quick top to make. The fit is OK. I made it a bit longer than the original pattern. The batik print is rather busy so the box pleat on the front is a little lost. I might see if I can find a lighter weight fabric - maybe a cotton/silk blend - to make this again.
My next sewing project will be the Pendrell blouse by Sewaholic. I have the perfect polyester microfibre print for it. I'm a bit apprehensive about it as it looks a bit complicated (I've not done princess seams before) but the instructions look reasonably straightforward. I'll let you know how I get on.
Have a great week ahead, friends.