Hellloooo!! Happy new year!
I hope you all had a great Christmas.
It has been so very long since I last blogged. Life in general has been hectic - oh, and of course there was Christmas. My mother arrived in November from Malaysia to stay with us for 6 weeks. It was so lovely to have her with us. Mum and I had so much catching up to do and blogging kind of took a backseat to everything. Sorry!
You'll be pleased to know that I have not been idle all those weeks. I have a ton of stuff to share with you - all things I made over the weeks leading up to Christmas.
But first, I am delighted to report that I have been given a Stylish Blogger Award by the lovely Fiona at HandMade by Fiona! Thanks so much Fiona! Wow!! My first ever award. How exciting!! And I had no idea I was stylish!
There are conditions attached to this award ... firstly I have to tell you seven things about myself .... hmmmm, tricky this ...
1) I am left-handed but have managed to train my brain over the years to cope with doing some things right-handed ... like cutting with scissors
2) I seriously dislike raisins and will carefully pick them out of Muesli - which is a pain because I love Muesli but store-bought Muesli always have raisins in them
3) I totally suck at sports and have no hand-eye co-ordination
4) I love condensed milk in my coffee
5) My husband thinks I am a really messy person - I tell him it's organised chaos and I know exactly where everything I need is
6) My favourite colour is purple (did you know that no other word in the English Language rhymes with purple?)
7) The only craving I had during my pregnancies was for Starbucks Mocha frappucinos. I absolutely had to have one every day and during my first pregnancy with DinoBoy, I even had my students and colleagues delivering a Starbucks Mocha frappucino to my office on days I couldn't walk into town to buy one!
The next part of this award is to 'pay it forward' as they say and give the award to 15 bloggers. So I would like to give the Stylish Blogger Award to these lovely bloggers whose blogs I visit (or lurk at rather) regularly - (they are not in any particular order)
1) Angela at Sew Loquacious
2) Susan from Spare Time (for sewing)
3) Sammy at English Country Garden In Bags
4) Audrey at A Day in the life of a Country Mouse
5) Jessica from Craftiness is not optional
6) Clair at Tea and Bickies
7) Florence at Flossie Teacakes
8) Ayumi of Pink Penguin
9) Sue at Sue's Krafty Kards
10) Christine at From An Igloo
11) Amanda of Kitschy Coo
12) Helen of It's All Fiddle Fart
13) Jane at Sew Create It
14) Amanda of Amanda's Adventures in Sewing
15) Regan of Stitch in My Side
And finally, there are 4 duties to perform to accept the award -
1) thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award (Thank you Fiona!!)
2) share 7 things about yourself (done)
3) pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers (and done)
4) contact these bloggers and tell them about the award (on my to do list!)
Thanks again Fiona and a big thank you to all the stylish bloggers out there in the big wide www who give me inspiration and motivation daily!
Have a great day, friends.