Tuesday 25 January 2011

Small but perfectly formed

I saw this itty bitty teeny weeny clutch over at Keyka Lou's blog last year and just had to have the pattern - it's so cute. I finally got around to making a couple. My little bits of Japanese kawaii panda fabric was perfect for this little purse. So, first I made one in pink with two silver popper (snap) fasteners.



Cute huh? So then I made one in purple and used velcro (the white button is purely decorative) for the closure. I really like the tiny purple clutch so it's been hanging off my car+house keys for the past few days.



It's just the right size for a card or two, some coinage and my mints.



Perfect, don't you think?
Hope you're having a great week so far, friends.

6 comments:

  1. Perfect indeed! Great fabric for it - inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so teeny tiny and cute to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern, and you did such a great job! This may be a dumb question, but for a beginner such as myself, where do you buy those snaps you put on the purple panda purse. I just used small sewing snaps on mine, but really love the snaps that show outside like yours.
    Thanks,
    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fiona.
    Thanks Cam.

    Thanks Desi - here in the UK, the brand is Prym. I think in the US it's Prym-Dritz or Dritz. They are decorative snap fasteners. Here in the UK we can get them in nickel or pearl from most haberdashery shops. If you look in Joann.com and search for snaps, you'll find some Dritz Decorative Pearl Snap Fasteners. I have some snap setting pliers which are great. Well worth investing in a pair - maybe a punch plus snap setting pliers like the Crop-A-dile eyelet and snap punch. Joanns do those too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for responding back. Now that I know what I'm looking for, I will be trying to find some online. I do have a Crop-A-Dile, so I'm ready to re-do my little bag.
    Thanks again! ;)
    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can't find any, drop me an email, Desi. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.