Friday 6 May 2011

A spot of sewing

I recently went to a good friend's house and her mother-in-law was telling us about her new phone. She was so worried about scratching the screen, she kept it tucked into a sock in her handbag.

I decided that the sock needed to be replaced by something better. So I made her this phonecase using my glasses case tutorial.



It's got a flex-frame opening. See?



It's a glasses case really but I shortened it by an inch or so and added a loop so I could thread on a nice silver split ring. She was delighted with her new phonecase and the sock went back into the sock drawer.

I hope to do more sewing this weekend ... not sure what yet. What are your plans for the weekend?

Whatever your plans, have a great weekend, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Ady! Much better than a sock! I haven't tried a hex frame yet. Is it hard?
    I hope to get some sewing done this weekend, too! I'm still working on little makeup bags...
    Have a super weekend and happy Mother's Day (I know, it's already passed in the UK, but here it is Sunday).
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make some more of those! Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.