Wednesday 21 July 2010

Give us this day our daily bag

This is the bag I use every day for work.



It was made using the City Bag pattern from Nicole Mallaleiu. I love it. It's roomy and has 2 large slip pockets on the inside too for all my little bits. I made it using the last bit of my favourite out-of-print quilting cotton fabric. As I did not have enough of the quilting cotton to make a whole bag from, I paired this yummy fabric with some decorator weight linen.



I used a little bit of black piping trim on the edge of the quilting cotton to give it a little definition. I had also wanted to use this lovely adjustable black leather handle with it and needed a smidgeon of black elsewhere in the bag to tie it together.



The top is closed with a black zipper and the bag is lined with a black floral print cotton fabric. This bag makes me happy. It faithfully holds all my essential daily stuff and does it with style.

Have a great day friends.

3 comments:

  1. I love the City Bag pattern - it's so practical and good-looking! Yet to make one for myself though. Beautiful fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! I really love it.
    Angela
    www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiona! You have to make one for yourself soon.

    Thanks Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.