Thursday 29 July 2010

My creative space …

…. Still has an unfinished zip-away tote on it. Since you’ve probably seen it in a previous post, I thought I’d share something else with you. Here is another in-progress loomed hat for the Operation Christmas Child 2010 campaign …



I’m trying to make one hat every week, looming a few rows here and there when I get a chance in the evenings. The Operation Christmas Child collection is supposed to be scheduled for the second or third week in November this year. I reckon I’ll make my pledged target of 24 hats by then.

If you are unfamiliar with Operation Christmas Child (OCC), check out this link for more information: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/index/

I’ve been using unwanted wool given to me by colleagues to make these hats. Sometimes the wool isn’t quite chunky enough, so I have to work with two strands of wool. Make the hats more interesting, don’t you think?

Take a look at other creative spaces linked here at Kootoyou.

Have a creative day, friends.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Ady! I keep meaning to knit a hat - but this looks a bit easier. I've been eyeing up these looms in the local craft store and may just have to get one!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.