Thursday 15 July 2010

My creative space

I'm on number 2 of 3 zipaway totes I am making for Dinoboy's teachers at school. Here's the fabric combination I picked.



See that tab at the end of my zip? It was made from a 2 inch x 2.5 inch bit of fabric but once I sewed the sides up, I ended up with this teeny weeny little 1 inch something square pocket which took me absolutely ages to turn right side out! I just figured out a neat little trick for turning it right side out - use a pair of tweezers! Stick your tweezers into the pocket, grab the top edge of the pocket and gently pull the right side out. Tease out the corners with the tips of your tweezers - you can also use your tweezer ends to gently poke out the corners from the inside of the pocket. It took me less than a minute to do it this way.

Head over to Kootoyoo and see what other bloggers are up to today.

Have a creative day, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Love the materials, Ady! Great blue with warm tones! Very nice :) You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric! Keep at it - you'll have them finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Titri. :-)

    Thanks Fiona.

    Thank you Busy Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.